Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am tired tonight.

I worked today from 10 - 2 and it was a busy day. We have our grand opening this weekend, starting Thursday, and I will be working again on Friday. Then, today I was asked if I could come in for 4 hours on Saturday to do something really fun: I will be demonstrating a craft we sell, probably outside on the sidewalk, to encourage people to come in, and to share fun things that one can do with kids. I am excited to do this! Seems like something that will be fun to do! I will need to make arrangements for the kids to get a ride home from the bowling alley as I have to be there by 10:30, and the kids need to be at the bowling alley at 9. Speaking of bowling, Aurora and Reimond both bowled in a tournament on Sunday afternoon, round 3 for a scholarship tournament, and Rei did really well. Aurora didn't do badly, per se, but bowled two games way below her average (and she didn't want to talk about them). We will find out hopefully on Saturday if one or both of them move on to the next level. Eric has school after work on Saturday, then needs to sleep, so I hope the kids cooperate with him and stay quiet.

We haven't heard (to my knowledge, anyway) from the repair shop about the van as yet. I am operating under the principle of "no news is good news"... Eric skipped class this morning (shhhhhh) because we only have the one running vehicle and I had to get to work this morning. I feel it was for the best though, because he didn't get much for a nap yesterday before he went to work, and this is his "hell week." I was glad he got some sleep today. I am going to call them tomorrow to see where we are at in the repairs, and I have my fingers crossed. Our plan is to fix the CRX next if the van isn't too expensive.

We found out this weekend that Brianne's departure for AIT has been postponed until July 29th. We haven't heard why it's later than we had first been told, but she will be gone through October; at least that's our understanding at this point. She's ok with it other than the fact that it'll delay her college attendance yet one more semester. Things between her and Cliff have resumed being at a low simmer, probably because they are taking turns not being home much. I have faith that things will eventually settle down, but I know it's going to take time. I just wish they could see that and act accordingly. The impatience of youth and needing things to be done and settled yesterday...

The rest of the kids are doing ok. Aurora is enjoying running track, and her times are improving. She came in sixth at her meet on Monday, and might have done a bit better had she not had hip pain. She is talking to the trainer about it as it is achey, but she's holding her own. Patrick is holding to his contract with Eric over his homework and grades, although he wasn't happy when the consequences were enforced this week. Kimmie remains with us for the nonce, and she seems content. Luckily for us, she isn't much work. Sometimes it's nice to have all the kids around, whereas other times I miss the quiet of the days when it was just Rei and I. I actually stayed home totally alone on Sunday afternoon when Eric took the kids to the bowling tournament, just because I needed the silence!

Smells like dinner is done, so I guess I will go eat... Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: