Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

It's Good Friday today, and it is a bleak and dreary day. The rain is falling, the skies are dark, and the temps are cool and clammy. Fortunately, today it isn't a reflection of my mood or spirits. I am feeling better, after a few days of feeling really crummy. I spend most of Wednesday sleeping off and on, (which was probably for the best, given I had a fever), and after a trip to walmart for Sudafed yesterday morning, kept myself mostly confined to quarters reading through my magazine stash that had been building up. Eric did an awesome job of keeping the fortress manned and making meals while I hid out, and it was so nice to just "be". I have gone through the better part of two boxes of tissues, quite a few bags of lemon tea, and half a bag of starburst jelly beans...

Aurora and Patrick are in IN, and while the house seems quieter without them, we have Kimmie and Jared here instead... Lost two, gained two... Brie has been working a lot, as has Cliff, so we continue to have comings and goings at all hours of the day and night. Eric had Wednesday and Thursday off, but returns to work tonight, and fortunately for us, only works until 2 am on Easter Sunday night/monday morning. When he gets home from work we will all pile into the car and head for IN to go get the kids. It still hasn't been decided whether or not we can get the kids first thing in the morning, but we will head there with that expectation, and play it by ear.

Eric just hit his next level on Everquest, something he has been working towards for awhile now (and has been focused on since about 6 o'clock this morning) so I am gonna try to get him off the game and take me out to breakfast; we need to plan out the next few days, and it would be nice to do that away from the "peanut gallery".

No comments: