Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy 99th Birthday Grandma Gladys!

Today Eric's maternal grandmother is 99 years old! She is still living fairly independently, is a lovely woman, and has her cognitive faculties all relatively intact. I met her last fall for the first time and I am so glad I did. She is a wonderful person and I wish her a fantastic "new year"!

I have a horrid cold. I am positive of it. I spent most of the night with body aches and coughing and my throat feels like it's lined with broken glass. My head aches, my sinuses are congested, and I have spend most of today in bed. Probably a good thing I am NOT driving to MN in a few hours. Instead though, I have to get up to run Rei to a dental appointment to get a cavity filled, and Eric will be here with the kids awaiting the arrival of their mother to take them to IN for the weekend. I think I have the better end of the deal, although they may still be here when we get back. I think I may stop at walmart or target and grab some nyquil as I didn't sleep much last night, and today my dozing has been restless with the coughing and needing to blow my nose. The joys of spring!

No comments: