Friday, April 17, 2009

The sun before the storms...

We are blessed today with 70+ degree weather and sunshine, and I have spring fever something fierce! I would love to get in the car and drive to a nursery and garden center and start plannning out and pricing my garden. I really NEED some bird feeders and a bird bath, and I would like some flowering "somethings" in the yard! I have seen my first real bluebirds over the past couple of weeks--not blue jays, but actual bluebirds, with orangish/goldish breasts, and I want to support their coming into the yard with birdfeeders and a bath. I love watching birds and I would like things to be inviting for them! I had three feeders in Minneapolis that I kept on my 100 year old lilac bush, and I had one in the front garden by the porch; I would sit in the yard and enjoy their songs and company as I read, studied, and stitched. Unfortunately, the weather is gonna bog down for the weekend (of course, because Eric is off!) so even if we got things today it wouldn't be feasible to have it all done before the cool and rain comes... But I would love to browse there and see what is available for this region.

I have been stitching steadily on my "Advent Calendar Project" and am so pleased with it's progress. I also need to knit one sleeve on a sweater for me, then I will have to block it out, sew the pieces together and knit the neck and button bands on it. Not working has led to some productive rewards. I did check on my schedule for next week and will work Tuesday and Friday. That is encouraging to me. I have also been checking the job postings, but there is very little in my skill range out there at the moment.

I am not completely over my homesickness for MN, but it is easing some, and I am taking it day by day. There is much to be thankful for down here too... I just wish I could bundle all I miss and have it surrounding me some days!

No comments: