Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mom's taxi is up and running...

but I am taking a breather at the moment. Brie needed a ride to bowling, Rei needed a ride to confirmation, and both will need picking up soon. Kimmie needs a ride to the book store for a book for school, and I am not sure when we will get to that, and Cliff elected to go join Rei at the church for frisbee and pizza, so he and Kimmie are cutting me a break on driving for a bit by bringing Rei home afterwards.

For all that Eric had Monday and Tuesday off, we have had NO time to ourselves at all these last few days. I'm not sure exactly where the hours have gone, but we have had no "us" time and I miss it, as does he. Cliff and Brie are again loudly on the outs and life has been uncomfortable. It's getting tiresome, and we are concerned for both of them because neither is behaving like a responsible young adult. It's actually quite sad. Patrick too is pushing boundaries on being responsible as well (going off after school with friends and not coming home until after 10:30 pm with NO phone call as to his whereabouts or who he is with...). His wings were clipped last night and he was not a happy camper after school today when he had to come directly home. The frustrating part there is all we are asking for is to know where he is and what his plans are! I have repeatedly told him I am not so worried about granting permissions as I am just being kept in the loop so I know what we are doing for dinner, for other activities, and that he is safe! It's being courteous! Aurora had a band concert last night, Eric had school yesterday and bowling last night... It just feels like we are running around a maze and not finding any breathing space together!

Now we have major activities going on this weekend. Cliff, Rei and Kimmie are flying up to Minneapolis on Friday evening to pick up Liisa's Kia, which Cliff is buying. They will stay there Saturday, and drive back Sunday morning early (Cliff has to work Sunday night). Cliff wanted Rei to go with him as he knows his way around the twin cities, as well as the route back to IL from MN. He will be the "official navigator". I'm still not completely sure how Kimmie ended up going too, but it sounds like Cliff invited her to go, provided her Dad would pay her way, which he was willing to do. They will hang out at Liisa's on Saturday, then drive back early Sunday morning. Patrick has Prom on Saturday night, and will wear Eric's nice (new) black suit rather than renting a tux. He is going stag with some other friends, but we'll need to chauffer him back and forth. I am not sure what Aurora or Brianne have planned for the weekend, but it's gonna (hopefully) be quiet around here! I can't wait!

I am getting one phone call after another so I guess I will write more tomorrow!

No comments: