Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sunshine and better today, sorta...

I woke up this morning to blue skies and sunshine, even if it is a bit chilly still, and that truly lifted my spirits. I also woke up to a sore throat, sneezing, and a congested head, so that wasn't as fun... I made coffee and cream of wheat, and am trying to decide if it is better to take my allergy med (claritin) or a cold med to help open me up some... Could be allergies, could be a spring cold (I am about due--everyone else has had it except me). Oh well, I'll survive!

Today I have a few errands to run: Justin left some things here when they visited that I need to mail back, and I have a few birthday cards to send out, along with Easter (and one Passover) greetings. I need to run by the library, and I need to pick up some big envelopes to put our now completed tax stuff into. Eric is at school this morning, as are the kids, and Brie is at work, so it's just me and Cliff here at home. Dishes are staring me in the face and I need to get caught up on those, and the floor could use a good mopping now that it is starting to dry out some outside. I do love how green everything is starting to look, and I can't wait for spring to be here in earnest. Neighbors have tulips and daffodils sprouting that are such lovely spots of color. I have been walking some around the addition looking at how others have personalized their yards and homes. Sadly we have lots of homes for sale around us (Military with new orders primarily), but the turnover in this economy is sad.

I contacted the graduate school at St Louis University yesterday and requested info on their programs in marriage and family therapy. I'd like to see if some of my credits will transfer, and if so, what I would still need to do to complete that certificate program (and if it could help me to finish my MS degree). I am going to call Capella today too to talk to them about where I am status-wise and what they would recommend. I think it's time I got on the stick and got moving on this! I am even thinking about the PhD program, as that is something I have always wanted to do, and I am still "young" enough to be able to be a productive worker for many more years. I need to do something with my time. It is weighing so heavily on me these days, and I hate seeing Eric worry so about money. He jokingly said if I can be a clinical Psychologist I could work at the VA and make the big money so HE could sit on his ass and play EQ all day, heeheehee. I probably could play more EQ than I do, but other than that, chores, and handwork, my days are pretty dull until the kids get home.

Eric put in a call to his ex last night again, to arrange transportation issues for the kids for the weekend. She is expecting us to pick them up from her on Monday, so he was suggesting we get them early enough that Aurora can still run in her meet Monday afternoon. That didn't go over well, and she said she would "get back to him today" with her decision. The court order says she can have them until Monday afternoon, but that would make it too late for Aurora to run, even if we were there right at noon. It's a bit over a 6 hour drive. My kids/family in MN have taken it well that I cannot be there this weekend, but I am still sad. The tradeoff is that I will be able to ride up and back with Eric and help drive if need be.

Well, I have a phone call, so I guess I should sign off! Keep your fingers crossed for me I feel better!

No comments: