Monday, September 14, 2009

Just another manic Monday...

Ok, so not so manic, but it has been busy and productive.  I called and spoke to a parent advocate agency and got some good information.  I also got a phone number for someone in our county that works with parents about making IEP's and understands the laws etc. surrounding them.  I feel so much better about things now.  I am still waiting to hear back from the clinic about picking up the refill script for Rei so I can get it filled at the pharmacy today; then I can drop off the forms and the med at the school nurse's office.  As Eric said, I am going to request a receipt that they have it from me, so that they cannot say again "oh, it was never turned in to us" like they did a few weeks ago.  I am not giving up on Rei, nor am I going to let him have another year so that he dreads/hates school and learning.  I wanted to cry when he asked if he could just go back to MN where things were reasonable and they actually followed through proactively on things, at least sometimes.  I understand where he is coming from though--we do things differently up there, and I understood and was able to work within the system there.  I try to do the same here, but feel at times like all I am doing is beating my head against a wall.

I was very happy to hear that both the Vikings and the Gophers won their football games yesterday.  We don't have a sports package on our cable programming so I was not able to watch any of the games.   God Bless the Internet though for letting me keep up on scores vicariously!  Not thrilled about Favre being a Viking now, but if he helps the team to be it's best, I am supportive.  I do like football and hockey; baseball not so much (unless it is a kid's game--loved watching Rei play baseball).  Good stitching time too!

Aurora, bless her heart, finished cleaning the living room carpet yesterday for us!  I was so pleasantly surprised to see it done!  Eric had started it, but only got about halfway through it, and I was going to finish it today, but she did it instead.  What a good kid!  She's been voluntarily helping out with dishes too, and that is wonderful as well.  I need to figure out a good reward for her!

Eric was able to get things arranged at work so he can go to Brie's graduation on the 25th.  He will work the 23rd instead, and have that Thursday/Friday off, then work the rest of the weekend.  His schedule is confusing me with his working additional hours of overtime (they are really short staffed right now).  We are seeing each other like ships passing in the night between his hours and mine!  I think we have talked more on the phone than we have seen each other in person this past weekend!

The weather today is perfect--I am so happy to have all the windows open and the breezes floating through the house.  The only catch is Po is tired of being outside, so I guess I need to get him in--the open windows means he is really loud!  He hasn't been out all that long, but I guess the others should have a turn too.

Time to head back downstairs!

No comments: