Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just a quick update for now:

I have a really bad head cold.  No fever or anything, just the typical cold symptoms and sinus stuff.  My voice is shot though, and my head feels stuffed with cotton batting.  I called work yesterday morning to double check what the policy is about working when ill (with all the H1N1 stuff going around) and I didn't feel like I needed a day home (although guilt from taking all last weekend off was also eating at me), so I went in, complete with box of tissues and bottle of hand sanitizer.  I did feel pretty crummy by the time I got home, so I took some Nyquil and went straight to bed.  I woke up a few times in the night, and this morning (around 6:30 a.m.) I called the church to let them know that I was too sick to do fellowship or even attend services (which meant the kids didn't serve either).  Eric is working, or he could have covered for me.  Patrick worked til close, and Aurora is still asleep too, at 11:30 a.m.!  Brie and Rei are watching a movie in the living room at the moment. 

I am going to go in to work again today.  I will just be sure I take an extra dose of cold medicine with me.  My problem yesterday was I forgot to bring it with me and when it wore off I was SOL.  I also work tomorrow morning.  Eric was wonderful though about letting me sleep last evening and this morning, and he can be so thoughtful.  Reimond (especially) is working with Brie to break her of the habit of calling everyone "Boo".  Another annoying side effect of being away for any extended period, heeheehee.  She slept quite a bit yesterday, and worked in her room some; she is gonna be checking back in with her work, probably Monday, to see about being put back on the schedule there.  Hopefully this week life will start taking on whatever flavor it is going to have that represents what "new" normal will feel like around here!

And now, I am off to get ready for work!

No comments: