Friday, September 25, 2009

Misc. things for a gorgeous Friday...

Brianne is home, safe, sound, and graduated.  Eric left at 5 a.m. to go to Ft. Leonardwood, MO to go and get her.  I am not sure what time they arrived home, as I was at work teaching a class, but she is off and running at the moment, and Eric is mowing the lawn.  I am feeling really crummy.  Not sure if it's allergies or a cold, but the body aches of the past few days has given way to a scratchy throat and a dripping nose...  Not attractive at all!  I took some tissues and some hand sanitizer with me to work so that I wouldn't pass anything on to my students. I'm not running a fever that I am aware of, although the back of my eyes burn a bit, but then I am on Naproxen too so that may be helping.  I just feel like curling up and sleeping and will probably do so shortly.

I started a new cross stitch project, a portable one, called "How does your garden grow" by Papillion Creations.  It was released as a free pattern over 12 months last year, and I saw so many wonderful depictions of it I knew I had to do it myself.  I used stuff I had on hand to start it when I was at Liisa's, and I am quite pleased with how it is coming along.  The only thing I bought special for it were beads, because the few colors I have didn't go with it very well.  I will post pics eventually.

I was a little irritated at work today; one of the other teachers, who teaches many of the same classes I do, showed up in my classroom today to pick up things from her class this morning, and I just felt like she was intruding.  She comes across as though she should be the only teacher of these classses, and I feel like she looks down at me, even though we are about the same age (maybe because I work for the store and she is a contracted teacher?).  I just found it frustrating.  She had taught knitting to one of my students, and visited with her a bit, which was fine, but I just felt like she should just go.  Had to laugh too; I had an elderly lady sign up for my class, then didn't want to learn what I was teaching!  So I ended up doing two different things.  I worked with her on her questions and interests while the other student practiced a bit, then I taught the stitch to the other student while she worked on the projects SHE wanted to do.  It was interesting and she seemed pleased, but I felt like I was a split personality! Over all I felt like the class was a success.

Patrick is off to work, Rei is off on his bike, and Aurora is reading.  A nice quiet household!  I do think I am gonna lay down for a bit, because this weekend is gonna be hectic: the kids have bowling in the morning and I then work 1-6; Sunday we have church--the kids serve and I do fellowship, then I again work 1-6; (Eric works all weekend too). Monday Eric has off but I work in the morning--8:30-1:30.  Then we get about a half hour together before the kids get home from school and the week is in full swing...  I sure hope this bug passes quickly!  I have NO time to be sick! 

No comments: