Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday night and all is well...

Aurora got home bright and early this morning.  Her mom and her friend dropped her off bright and early, and Aurora said they left IN at 4 EST (so 3 our time) and got they got her home right around 8:30/8:45 am.  They made really good time.  Aurora said she had a good time yesterday at her Grandma's house; the neighbor next door was running a hay ride and she was able to ride a horse, although today she has a sore bum from it...  She has been limping around some, and we just laugh at her.  It has given her some time to finish some homework (she had to finish sewing a "mole" for her chemistry class that we started on Wednesday), as well as an English assignment she also had to finish up.  She also spent some time with Brie and Rei and they had fun.  Went to the mall, and then hung with some friends.

I worked yesterday and today.  It has been really busy in spells, but fortunately we had a few quiet spots where we could catch up on putting things away.  I demonstrated using a "knitting board" for the first 2 hours of my shift yesterday and while I don't think I sold any, I had a number of nibbles on it as I worked on a scarf.  It isn't a bad product, but slower going than I would like, partially because of how nubby the yarn is  that I was using.  I have also learned to do hairpin lace because I had to demo it last weekend; that I actually sold a couple of kits of, which was cool.  It is a fast method for making wide strips, but I haven't tried to put them together.  Maybe when I have more time I can try this for me.  I haven't heard info as yet on my sewing machine, but I am praying no news is good news and that the repairs will be something simple and not too expensive.  I have a lot of sewing I need to get going on and I need that machine.

All the kids are home right now, except Patrick, who went to a movie with some friends after work, and Eric, who is at work.  I am thinking it is close to when I need to get ready for bed too.  I have been waking up early, really early of late, which isn't all bad, and hopefully with tomorrow being a day off, I can have a really productive day.  It has been a gorgeous weekend, and I hope tomorrow is a nice day too!

No comments: